March 26, 2010

Bonnie & Clyde




The true story of Bonnie & Clyde is really amazing to me. It first interested me 5 or 6 years back, and the more I learned, the more I became obsessed with knowing everything about them. Part of what fueled my interest was the fact that I was living in Denton (& later Dallas) Texas at the time, which is where they were essentially from, and where some of the major events in their crime-spree took place. Plus, it felt kind of like a story whose history was fading away with a previous generation, and I wanted to discover what I could, while I could.
Anyway, the (now) vintage aspect of the photos of them, their cars, their clothes, are all very inspiring. And the 1967 movie (although not necessarily a good representation of what they really looked like) is also great and inspiring. If you haven't seen it, I really recommend it. (That they are making a new B&C film starring Hilary Duff, is truly awful. Boo.)
Movie images from IMDB

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails